Our Pregnancy & Pelvic Floor Conditioning classes offer a unique system that combines the principals of Pilates and yoga to serve the expectant mother's body and mind.
Several of our WundaBar Pilates studio schedules include Pregnancy/Pelvic Floor Conditioning classes. (Click here to see your local WundaBar Pilates studio schedule.)
WundaBar Pilates’ Pregnancy and Pelvic Floor Conditioning class is designed to:
- Help to relieve lower back strain, fatigue and constipation.
- Help to prevent varicose veins, incontinence and leg swelling.
- Maintain your strength and flexibility.
- Build stamina for the birthing process, increase blood circulation and oxygen to your baby and is gentle enough to continue right up to your due date.
- Aid Post-Partum women recover abdominal strength and toning while relieving upper body tension from carrying the baby to quickly regaining strength and energy.
- All WundaBar Pilates locations offering Pregnancy/PFC classes are specially certified in Pregnancy and Pelvic Floor Conditioning Pilates Training.
- A doctor's release note is required for ALL pre- and post-natal attendees.
- First trimester limitation: With respect for your journey, no clients with a history of miscarriage or those carrying multiples will be allowed to join until second trimester -- and always with your doctor's release.
- Post-pregnancy limitation: No earlier than a full 6 weeks post pregnancy –and always with your doctor's release.
It's Not Only For Pregnant Clients!!
If you *pee* a little when you cough, sneeze or laugh suddenly, it's time to join our Pelvic Floor Conditioning class! These classes are also designed to help strengthen and condition the pelvic floor. (Weak pelvic muscles are a key reason for incontinence and prolapse of pelvic organs like the bladder or uterus.)